Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bugs and Bubbles

Hidy-ho! Alexis the Director here.

Rehearsals have begun! Our fantastic cast has started to play with objects and rehearsal props in the space. Here they are improvising with some lovely black lace spandex - as we all like to do from time to time.

We've been playing a lot of theater games to strengthen the ensemble so they will be able to operate using the "group mind." Which means, you guessed it, I'm teaching them telepathy. If you are interested in learning from me, please let me know. Best way to contact me these days is to stand outside of 217 E. 42nd Street and yell "boy I wish I was stapling fabric together right now!" I'll be there in a jiffy.

Speaking of fabric-stapling... We have begun to mount one of the show's most dramatic visual elements - the Bubbling Walls! How to walls "bubble" you ask? There's only one way to find out...

But not everything we're building is quite so large. There are small, delicate pieces too. We've been spending a fair amount of time carving, and filing (thanks again Ethan!), some intricate designs for the show's opening scene. I think they look pretty great...


...And Now... The Moment You've All Been Waiting For...
THE CATERPILLAR FASHION SHOW!! (Thanks for the pics Neimah)
















Kate wanted to see the costume from the outside. I *had* to oblige...










A little role reversal... to shake things up.










Until next time! :) a

No comments: